Monday, January 4, 2010

Tuesday 5th January

A bit of a marathon again today at the hospital. I am now getting my blood taken at pathology in one building. Which means I then have to walk to the other building to get my blood pressure done and any scripts sorted out. If I have a script to fill then it's off to the pharmacy at the other end of the hospital campus and back to the public hospital for any appointments. Well at least I am being forced to get my daily walking done. They have reduced the dose of immune suppressant yet again, which means the kidney is not rejecting. All blood tests are looking very good still.
Today they told me the details about the removal of my permacath. I was feeling nervous about the procedure, but feel much more confident about it now after seeing the social worker and getting detailed information from Emily, one of the Nephrolgists.
I will see the phycologist tomorrow. She will help me cope with the physical and emotional changes. Also I have an appointment with the dietitian and possibly the transplant nurse. So it looks like another long day

No comments:

Post a Comment