Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sunday 17th Jannuary 2010

It has been 1 month since I had the transplant and things are going well on balance. The kidney is working well, despite a few wobbly blood test results in the last week. I am recovering well from the surgery and the scare is looking quite neat and only twinges now and again. the removal of the permacath has left me with a bit of brusing, but that is healing up nicely now. I am feeling some side effects from all the drugs I am taking, but on balance I feel more well now than before the transplant and the hope is this will continue to improve with time. I am definately brighter intelectually and my underlying health is good. The kidney function is near perfect and the need for anti coagulants has gone. My diet has been relaxed to a 'normal healthy eating diet'. The best news of all is there is no sign of the kidney disease returning in the transplant. That means I will have a disease free period. We don't know how long it will be, it could be 6 months or 10 years. I'm hoping for 10 years.

3 comments:

  1. Oh those side affects. Insomnia, shaking, forgetfullness(remeber where your pin numbers are written down) short term memory lose,tinkling in hands and feet, hair growth,eating....and the list goes on, and we laugh at every single one of them. It is great to no that there will be an other day to wake up to. That is the one thing as a wife I have strugled with. Now I no that after 5 months now I will have Allan for a long time to come and so will your husband and kids. Have a great week and keep smiling.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Margaret. i am familliar with the wonderful variety of side effects as I have been on these cocktails of medications before to try to get the FSGS into remission. The only common one I don't suffer from is insomnia and for that I am very greatful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you hope for more than 10 years?

    ReplyDelete