Friday, January 8, 2010

Discharged from St Vincent's Private

The permacath removal took place yesterday under local and all seemed to go well. Then at 10pm last night I got a racing heart, cold sweat and dizziness. It turns out I had some bleeding into the chest wall that caused atrial fribulation. It isn't a heart attack, but I was moved to the cardiac ward for close observation.
They Tried massage and excersizes to stop it. i was very impressed. When that didn't work they infused me with magnesium and potassium and gave me saline and blood pressure lowering tablets. It calmed down at about 4am this morning and I have had no more problems with it. It is a very common side effect suffered by chronic kidney patients.

2 comments:

  1. You are having lots of fun and games. I was lucky that I didn't go through what you have with your transplant.
    Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a roller coaster. I am filled with trepidation every time I click the link to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete