Monday, December 14, 2009

Visiting the Austin

I will be admitted to the Austin Hosptial Wednesday 16th at 8am. I will be Jane Thomson as a patient there. I will be able to have visitors that day, but most of the day I will be on dialysis or having a plasma-exchange infusion. I am not sure of the location, other than it is the 7th floor. I will not have any visitors on Thursday, the day of the operation. Only Stuart is allowed on Friday, Sat and Sun. Other visitors may come from Monday 21st until I am discharged, probably on the 24th December.
Please ring Stuart to arrange a day and time to visit. I am only allowed 2 people at a time and only for 10-15mins. I will need rest periods. It is a good idea to ring before you set out even if you have a time allocated in case I am unable to have visitors.
No flowers or fruit baskets are allowed due to infection control. Please do not come if you are unwell. Children will probably be asked to stay outside the ward.
I will have a phone, check with Stuart about good times to call, and for the number.

No comments:

Post a Comment