Saturday, December 5, 2009

Permacath Inserted

After spending the night in St Vincent's Private Hospital I am glad to be home. The medical procedures all went very well, but took a long time. I didn't arrive in my room until 7 pm last night. The line isn't attractive, but it's only in for a month. and the main thing it is working well.

After the doctors evaluation this morning I now know I will be going for dialysis each time I go in for plasma exchange. They will be long days. A special thank you to Geoff who came to my rescue at short notice by going to our home and collecting essential overnight stay items and delivering them to me. Also thanks to Glenys who was on standby to take me home but wasn't needed in the end. Thanks also to all of you who have offered support of various kinds. For example I returned home to find a selection of books left by Linda, wonderful. I just finished 'the white tiger' and was wondering what I would read during Monday's session. Thanks also to Neal and Tim who helped Vicky get to and from Guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment