Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday

It was my birthday yesterday, now 48. I thought I'd better update the blogg with my status. I am anemic and therefore quite tired. The white blood cell count is also low. The doctors have reduced one of my immune suppression drugs, called Myfortic to see if my system will recover on it's own. The morning sickness symptom has reduced since this change, but I am still tired. Also the dose of prednisolone has come down to as low as they will go in a transplant recipient. It was reduced to 5mg last week and I have started to loose a little weight, fingers crossed this continues. I have also stopped being diabetic. They took me off the insulin on Tuesday and I have had good sugar levels since then. The retuximab infusions seem to have stopped me getting any worse. My stat's haven't changed much since November 2010, so that probably means the progress of the disease has been slowed or paused. They cannot know for sure unless they do another biopsy of the transplanted kidney. So I am expecting they will ask to do that in the next few months. Meanwhile they are doing an ultra-sound of the abdomen in case the low blood count is due to a slow bleed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I was talking to Lois tonight, and she was say you are doing fine, I hear that you Crtarer was better than mine. We Hope that you had a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been back to hospital for another byopsee, Number 7 now

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll probably be joining you by having another biopsy shortly

    ReplyDelete