Thursday, July 1, 2010

Plasma Exchange

The plasma-exchange is going very smoothly. I have not had problems with cramping that I experienced last December when I had this treatment. Also I feel well and am getting a lot of reading done while cups of tea are brought to me. It is a tough life.
If anything i feel energized afterwards, but that might be from sitting for so long. I can't wait to walk around. The most difficult part is not going to the toilet for 2-3 hours. (I can go during the second half of the treatment if I wheel a drip.) So the whole process takes about 5 hours at the hospital.
Half way through the course of treatment I have lost weight (fluid) and other physical signs are good. We are still waiting for my blood tests to indicate a turn for the better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I have read the last few comments that you have written and have not known what to write. You seem to have the right attidute for what you are going though, So keep your head up high and keep looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving thoughts from all the family

    ReplyDelete