Sunday, June 20, 2010

Permacath Inserted again

I haven't had the briefing consultation about planning for my future yet. That happens later today. I do know that a permacath will be inserted tomorrow so I can recieve infussions. This is an attempt to put the FSGS ( my original kidney disease, which is a systemic disease) in remission and therefore make the new kidney last longer. Now the disease has got into the transplanted kidney it will destroy it. ( I knew there was a 50% chance this would happen) The idea is to keep it functioning as long as possible. The transfussions will happen over the next few weeks I expect. The permacath will be removed after about 4 weeks. I expect it will be Retuximab and Albumin that I am infussed with. This is a type of chemotheropy.

No comments:

Post a Comment