Monday, March 22, 2010

Second Attempt

Yesterday I went into day procedures for a second try at getting a biopsy sample. I arrived at 9am as requested and was prepared and ready to go in theatre at 11am. Then the surgeon asked if I had fasted, which I hadn't because I was not told to and didn't need to last time. The imaging staff use a different type of anesthetic to the renal doctors, so I was sent out to wait until 1pm. The procedure happened and two small samples were taken. We are hoping that is enough for pathology. The material they got last week was only fat and mussel, no kidney at all. The surgeon yesterday, said it was one of the trickiest biopsyies he has done. After the post biopsy 4 hours on your back and 1 hour sitting up, I didn't get out until about 7pm last night. Now I am on light duties for another 5 days, no running, no lifting heavy things.

2 comments:

  1. Each hospital has a different time that they want you to stay in bed, at Auckland it was 2 hours on my back then slowly got to sit up, out after 4 hours, but at Waikato they wanted me on my back for 6 hours before sitting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a long day! Hope that part of it's over for you :)

    ReplyDelete